Thursday, April 26, 2012

Update

Well it has been forever since I last wrote a post. I am terrible at this whole blog thing. It just took me 5 minutes to figure out how to make a new blog post. All of my friends keep hounding me about updating my blog. I have more free time now days so I guess I can do that. :)

Hayden and I moved to Idaho Falls on December 17th 2011. We lived in my sister's unfinished basement for 3 weeks. They were so kind to let us stay there but I diligently searched for a place with walls and a place we could call our own. On Janurary 9th we moved into our new apartment. I just love our new place! Compared to our last apartment this is a palace! It is a 2 bedroom apartment with vaulted ceilings, brand new carpet, granite counter tops, and fresh paint(and no mold!). It is nice having more room to live. We love living in Idaho Falls, and we don't miss Provo at all. It was a great move for us and has helped us in so many ways.

Hayden is working for my brother building homes and he really likes it. He is learning so much. He hopes to be able to build our house someday. He plans to go back to school beginning of next year, but for right now he is taking some time to decide what he wants to do with his life. We have been trying to live a more active life so Hayden has been playing basketball 3 times a week ( when his work schedule allows). We have also been playing some tennis, and Frisbee golf. Hayden is really in to listening to books and right now and he has been listening to a lot of business books on how to become rich. He wants to be a millionaire by next week! I wouldn't mind that. Who wants to join us on that quest?

I am working part time for Sears. I really enjoy it because it is very laid back and low stress. My last job about made me nuts, so this is a nice change. I also enjoy only working part time. It gives me a chance to keep up on chores and errands. Our house is in better order (most the time) now days. In my quest to lead a more active life, I have been going to a work out class called RIPPED for the last 12 weeks. It is super intense and I really like it. My sister in law teaches the class and she does an amazing job! If I can just eat right, I'll be svelte in no time! :p

Something that consumes a HUGE part of our time and our lives is that Hayden and I are trying to get pregnant. We have tried and failed for the last 14 months and it has been very hard on us. I hate opening up about my feelings, but maybe it will be good for me to write about my thoughts. I have seen 3 doctors and 1 chiropractor to find out what is going on. I've had 5 blood tests done and we also had Hayden tested. They say everything is fine with Hayden and they didn't see anything major with my blood work. The only thing that was borderline a problem was my glucose levels. So the only thing they have done is put me on fertility medications. I just finished my 3rd cycle of the medications. I don't have health insurance so it makes things difficult. The doctors make me kind of frustrated because it doesn't seem  like they are really trying to help me. They just give you a drug and send you on your way. So that is why I tried a different route. The other day I went to a chiropractor who has a holistic approach. He did some muscle response tests on me and according to his "witch doctor" tests he found that my thyroid may not be working to its full potential and that  I need to balance my glucose levels. So he gave me some herbs to get everything working better and I am on a strict diet of no sugar and no carbs. And boy am I starving!! I could go for a giant chocolate cake about now! :) (who wants to bring me one?) But I will try to resist. Hopefully something works because finding out each month that we aren't pregnant is hard, especially since everyone I know is pregnant and had no problem becoming pregnant. I know there has got to be some lesson we are supposed to learn from this, but I am having a hard time figuring out what it is. That is the hardest part...not knowing what I need to do to make it happen. What I need to learn before we will be blessed with a child. I just keep asking " what does "he" want from me?" "Are we being punished?" This is definitely a huge boulder in my spiritual path that I am having a hard time getting over. Hayden is full of faith so he keeps me some what optimistic. Maybe the only answer is more faith. I don't know. Im still working on finding the answer.

Here is a few random pictures from the last few months. They were taken with my phone so the quality isn't great, but o well.

 Our new washer and dryer. Definitely worth going into debt for. :)
 I was babysitting Caleb and we were trying to come up with a costume for him for Dr. Suess day at school. He mentioned that he could put whiskers on his face and wear a Cat in the Hat hat. I told him that was a great idea and I imagined his mom using eyeliner to draw the whiskers. He had a different idea. He slipped away into the bathroom without me knowing and drew whiskers and a cat nose on his face with permanent marker. Good thing I remembered a tip from Hayden's sister about getting permanent marker off with toothpaste. It worked like a gem, and 5 minutes later he was whisker less. ( Don't you just love his cute little face??)
 My oldest niece Bryndee got baptized.
 In celebration of St. Patty's Day, I made corned beef and cabbage. It was my first time trying it. And it will also be my last. Corned beef is not my thing. But it was fun to be festive!
 While their parents went to dinner for their anniversary, I had my beautiful nieces over to make mini pizzas and cookies. We had so much fun making fun shapes out of the dough and putting all of the toppings on.
 Then we made our cookies into cute shapes. (Kloee is showing you all her new CTR bracelet that grandma and grandpa gave all of the grand kids at the baptism.)
 At the end of March we went to see my parents in St. George. We went with Brock and Jenn and their 3 girls. It was beautiful down there and very warm.(I of course got super sunburned. I never learn!) Since all of us weren't able to be with the rest of the family for Thanksgiving, my parents made us a thanksgiving feast! This is my dad with his "exquisite" turkey.
 Hayden and I have been called to be scout leaders for the 11 year old scouts. After the boys passed off a few of their goals we let them go out and play football with Hayden. They loved it. Our first camp out is this weekend. Wish me luck!
Since we don't have a yard we love going to the park. There are some great parks in town. Last night we went and played basketball. It was fun and Hayden is teaching me how to shoot the ball right. I will be a pro in no time.

Anyway, I will keep you all updated on the status of everything. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. Its probably something I should just keep to myself, but whats the fun in that? :) The more people who know the better right? I promise I will take pictures of the apartment soon. I just need to get Hayden to hang a few more things on the wall and then it will be ready for pictures.

P.s. Comment if you read this...I would love to know who my audience is! :)





12 comments:

  1. I think the Lord is teaching you patience. You are very strong willed and have always had a plan for yourself. Something's are out of our control and we need to remember who's in charge. It'll happen for you somehow, someway, just keep the faith. And enjoy a mess free house and a whole nights rest. Kids put dampers on those things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo a Thanksgiving feast sounds great right about now! I'm so glad u moved back to IF town, ya know so we can go work on our booties! :)
    You'll get those babies someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY finally an update! And about not being able to get pregnant, it happens to a lot of people I can think of 4 other women on top of my head that have been having the same trial, and it's never easy. There is a blog that I love and the girl has been trying to get pregnant for 8+ years and she talks a lot about it and other great things about marriage, it's ablogaboutlove.com and she has categories you can click on and there is infertility and she has some good advice trying to be optimistic about all trials. I'm not going through exactly the same thing as you, but I have been baby hunger for 9 months now, and if I had my choice I would have been prego 6 months ago, but we really have NO money or insurance so it's not possible at the moment and it's been really hard on me, many tears on my part, and every time I see someone announcing they are pregnant I get really sad, especially when it's people who had a baby after me and are going on their 2nd when I want to do the same thing. I guess we just need to trust in the Lord and he has his own timing and a lot of the time we don't know why until years later. So my suggestion is just be happy with where you are in your life, it's just you and Hayden, and once you have a child it's never just you two so take this time to have fun together and grow together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lara, you are a source of inspiration! You will get your baby in time. I believe that the Lord gives us trials that he know we can handle. Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we do not know the reason until later, after the trial is over. Keep the faith and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am part of your audience!!! i am so glad you wrote an update! it makes me sad to hear about your struggle. i agree with talia - she is wise! enjoy the time you have alone with hayden :) also, i think your kids are all fighting about who gets to come first... and they're all stubborn and won't back down! eventually they'll work it out and start coming. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you forgot you even had a blog! Thanks for the update! I too am very glad you moved here! Hang in there. You know I think about and pray for you two all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck guys!! I know what you are going through, we tried for a year and half to get pregnant with Bostyn then finally clomid worked! It is so hard and emotional at the time, but looking back, I know that now is the right time for us to have her, not when we first started trying. It'll all work out! One suggestion a friend of mine tried after trying for 13 years, and about to give up, was accupuncture. There are methods that supposidly trigger fertility. I hope evereything goes great for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you all for the support! And you are right linds! I bet that is what is happening. If they are our kids they must be pretty stubborn and so im sure thats the case :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you updated. I have a hard time opening up too but I am glad you did. Stay strong you will be an awesome mom when your time comes. I too need to start my blog up again. Keep updating I would love to see pictures of your apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LAS....yes it's about time you did a blog update!! I get kind of jealous of all you guys living up the dream life close to each other! We need to chat soon. PLEASE. <3 you. XOOXOxoXOOXoOXoOXo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lara, I love the responses you have gotten. The Lord has his own timing...trust in Him! Remember, He loves you along with the rest of us. Thanks for being a wonderful daughter in law and a great wife to Hayden! Looking forward to your visit to PA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lara,
    I loved the read. It is so good to hear how you are doing, and what you have been up to. I'm so happy that you and Hayden are doing well up in Idaho. You make life in Idaho sound like so much fun, and it makes me want to pack up my stuff and move up there.
    Your apartment sounds incredible, and will probably be bugging you on your facebook about it. Learning more about it, and how much rent is.
    Hayden sounds like he is doing well. It will be nice when Josh and I do figure out what we are doing with his education, and if we will be moving up there or not. It would be nice to meet the man that you married. He sounds like a great guy, and so perfect for you.
    I know that some things in life we can not comprehend. Prayer is definitely a powerful tool that can be used to help bring you comfort in this time. I was reading a powerful article in this months Ensign (April) by Elder Bednar. It was based off of the atonement, and how we are able to benefit from it. It amazes me how I never realized that the atonement is not only there to forgive us of our sins, but it is also there to empower us with the strength of God. I've been finding myself praying more for strength to endure my trials now, instead of asking and hoping that things will change.
    I look forward to reading more about what is going on with you, and loving the pictures :)
    <3 Kari

    ReplyDelete